Welcome to CARE Services
Spring 2024 Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:30 am to 5 pm
Contact us at email@example.com, 785-864-9255, or use online scheduling to set up a time.
Hours may vary slightly, especially during the summer or academic breaks. If there is an urgent or after-hours need, please know that The Sexual Trauma & Abuse Care Center is available by phone 24/7 to provide support and assistance: 785-843-8985.
What to Expect
CARE Services is here to support students and listen. When relevant, we also help them navigate university and community systems. Support from CARE staff is free, confidential, and optional. Support is available to students of all identities and experiences. The CARE Coordinator, Melissa, and CARE Advocate, Mariah, are not mandated to report incidents to university officials or the police.
Please know that you decide what to share with us. You are not required to disclose any interpersonal experiences that are unwanted, harmful, or traumatic. You can share as much or as little detail as you are comfortable with. You are in control of your information and if/how it will be shared, and you can expect us to listen and support your decisions.
All situations are unique, but some CARE services might include:
- Emotional support and listening
- Advocacy & providing information about options and available resources
- Help accessing supportive measures (e.g. academic assistance, KU Housing relocations)
- Info about post-assault medical care and referrals to mental health care
- Support during any processes or reporting (both criminal and/or KU)
- Accompaniment during meetings and appointments